Sunday, March 22, 2009

I Can't Paint

Ok I now admit that I can't paint figures.

Painting figures takes a different approach of painting models. Unlike painting mecha models, where most of the time you just spray, spray and spray (unless you are doing damage or shadowing), you have to know where the highlight is, and how to show the expression it has. Well, I guess you won't know where you went wrong without trying it first hand. So here is the complete pic:

Been sick for the whole week so the finish touch is horriable, I will paint another one sometime in the future once I feel better.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Ran out of flat coat........ have no choice but to suck it up and finish it with clear top coat since needs to finish this one asap.... been sick for the entire week.

Yeah I know... I didn't show the kind of effort I put it on compare to one of my old mecha works(Ex-S, see label). Please... throw the eggs if you want, but let me put something on first...

3 comments:

Jcee said...

I think it looks pretty good! Practice makes perfect!

LEon said...

Is not that you can't paint, the surface of the figure and how it response to paint is a critical factor. Gundam plastic surface are design response well to paint. while this figure material is different.

I saw your EX-S paint job and it is PRO.

Little Plastic Man said...

Agreed with Leon. Anyway I dont think it looks that bad! Keep it up!