Monday, October 27, 2008

Set Design Project...?

Thinking of doing something different this time, instead of making a mecha model, I decided to do a set design model. So I took out Makoto Shinkai's reference book I got earlier this year:

Photobucket

which contains references for Byousoku 5cm, Beyond The Clouds, Voice Of Distant Stars and one of his Short animation for a morning newspaper in Japan.

Photobucket

(Camera is out of battery...)

Flipped few pages, then I decided to do a set design on this scene from Byousoku 5cm:

Photobucket

Since is not too complicated, I think it should be a good challenge for me to test my skills.

A better look:

Photobucket

Gonna do some drawing and see how the scale is going to be in the following days, hopefully I can start by end of the week, treat it as the project in November!

No comments: