Sunday, January 18, 2009

Xamdou Update II (Here comes the arm~!)

My original plan was to just build the body of this project, since I don't have much of experience of building armature for figure sculptures, decided to give a try on the arm. There is also an armature inside the body, but it was poorly constructed... Anyway, here we go:

Start with 5 aluminum wires, then twist all these wires together, leave one end open to support the fingers. Then I used aluminum foil to warm it around so that it can give space to clay to shrink once is fully dried.

Photobucket


Then cover it up with first layer of clay:

Photobucket

Then the rest:

Photobucket

And here is a test fit (also did some reshape to the body, pics later):

Photobucket

Now I need to figure out which way works best to connect the arms to the body...

For my next project, I will try to write a full self armature build since is hard for me to find a good DIY armature build for figure sculptures.

Edit:

and this is why I like gundam 00....

No comments: