Monday, September 8, 2008

Vance Project Figure Starter Set

Hello ppl this is Yamisword, here is my first sculpting project, Vance Project Figure Starter Set 1:

click here

Here are the WIP pics:

First I should explain what comes with this starter set.

Photobucket

(pic stolen from hobbywave XD)

Mr.clay, a set of sand paper from 400 up to 1200, a guide book for starters, a craft knife, mr.instant glue, a hobby knife and two tools that used for sculpting (I have no idea how to call them, please for give me <_<)

Here is the design in book =P

Photobucket

By start things off, I made a basic shape of the body, with holes everywhere:

Photobucket

Then apply clay to fill in the holes, as well as the try to get the shape of the head:

Photobucket

Then here comes the nose:

Photobucket

Next we have the ears, along with some simple drawing of the face and stuff:

Photobucket

Then here comes the eyes:

Photobucket

However, the nose didn't turn out to the way I wanted while I was doing some sanding today, so I filled up, and added details to the body:

Photobucket

side view:

Photobucket


Here is the complete pic, managed to finish most of the sculpting work by last week, now I need to make a mold of this and cast it =D.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Please, don't hesitate to leave any criticisms and feedback, I'm looking forward to hear the ideas and suggestions from you experts out there!

2 comments:

Pauline said...

Aw I'm no expert, have no feedbacks or criticism. But I'm so happy for you =) Add oil ^^

Yamisword said...

Hehe thanks for your encouragement, I will try my best on my next project! ^^